Board of Education
In Illinois, public education is the State's constitutional reponsibility. The State delegates the authority to govern school districts to local school boards. Boards are made up of seven district residents elected to serve staggered terms of four years without pay. So, although the Board of Education for District 121 is politically responsible to District voters, it is legally responsible to the State of Illinois.
The Board’s job is to:
- adopt goals and policies that meet State requirements and reflect community needs;
- provide the resources necessary to pursue its goals according to its policies; and
- monitor District 121 performance to see that results are consistent with goals and policies.
Among the Board’s legal duties are:
- directing what shall be taught and what textbooks are used;
- hiring necessary personnel and setting their salaries;
- letting all contracts and paying all bills, and arranging for the revenue necessary to operate District 121.
Individual Board members may not act alone or make decisions binding upon the Board or District 121.
To contact the Board of Education: email@example.com
Board of Education Members
Board of Education Support Services
This meeting will take place via teleconference, as the Board President has determined that a fully in-person meeting is not feasible based on the Governor’s disaster declaration. The District Superintendent or some members of the Board shall be present at 34090 N. Almond Road, Gurnee, but no more than 50 total persons may be in physical attendance.
If any members of the public would like to participate at the appropriate times during the meeting, to join the video meeting, access the link: https://meet.google.com/wsp-xiqr-qmr
Otherwise, to join by phone, dial +1 507-412-8990 and enter this PIN: 399 998 483#.
April 9, 2021
This is an official notice of a Regular Meeting of the Board of Education of Warren Township High School scheduled for Tuesday, April 13, 2021. The first agenda item will be an Executive Session beginning at 6:30 p.m., virtually. The open meeting is scheduled for 7:30 p.m., also held virtually.
District 121 Board of Education