By Rob Parrott - Almond Campus Principal
June 30, 2020
Class of 2020 Graduation Candidates and Parents,
I hope this message continues to find you safe and healthy! I am providing an update to our alternative graduation celebration on July 12, 2020. We are very excited to celebrate the Class of 2020 in the coming weeks and feel we have a great event planned for our students and their families.
What is still the most important part of the planning for our alternative celebration is that we follow the recommendations from the Illinois State Board of Education, State of Illinois, Illinois Department of Public Health, Lake County Health Department and law enforcement in regards to social distancing, group size, etc. to keep everyone safe. This is a summary of the event we are planning for on July 12, 2020:
Class of 2020 Alternate Graduation Plan and Celebration for July 12, 2020:
- The 2020 Senior Class Board slideshow will be released on our website at 8:20 a.m.
- We will host a drive-thru “parade-style” graduation celebration at our Almond Campus throughout the day to celebrate our graduates. We ask that families allow one vehicle per graduate and attend during their time (times listed below) based on their last name to help with traffic flow in our parking lot. We are planning for the following activities:
- Allowing our staff, friends, family, community members, and classmates an opportunity to cheer on our graduates.
- Graduates have their photo taken in their cap and gown, honor cords, etc.
- Graduates have their name read while “crossing a stage” with their diploma cover.
- Our virtual/video commencement ceremony will be released that evening on our website.
- We ask that our families take time to celebrate and honor their graduate(s) on this day in their own unique format and post on social media using #WeAreWarren.
- We will advertise and ask all of our families, friends, neighbors, and local communities to join our celebration to recognize and honor the Class of 2020 by stepping outside to cheer for them at 8:20 p.m. on July 12 for “20” seconds.
Please note that we are welcoming additional friends, family, community members, and classmates to line Almond Road between Washington Street and Gages Lake Road to recognize and celebrate our Class of 2020. We are reserving our parking lot for our staff, but know others in the community would like to be a part of the celebration. Please feel free to let them know they can follow social distancing guidelines and line Almond Road creating an additional “parade route” before our graduates enter our campus. Parking for additional guests will be allowed at the Warren Township Center.
What to bring/Additional information:
- Please have the graduate wear their cap and gown, honor cords, etc. during the drive-thru.
- Please have the graduate sit in the front passenger seat (if possible).
- Graduates must wear a mask when exiting the vehicle prior to getting their picture/crossing the stage.
- Please bring your diploma cover for photo and crossing the stage (actual diploma is not necessary).
- Please bring the two index cards with name provided at cap and gown pick up (one for photo and one for name being read). If you discarded, please make two name cards and bring them with you.
- Please feel free to decorate car, make congratulatory signs, etc. to display during the event.
- The event will be streamed live throughout the day via our website.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions. I very much look forward to recognizing and celebrating the Class of 2020 on July 12, 2020. Thank you, and As Always, Go Blue Devils!
Mr. Parrott - Almond Campus Principal
To view this in other languages please utilize the "Translate" button at the top of the website.