By Rob Parrott - Almond Campus Principal
August 2, 2021
Dear Almond Campus Parents/Guardians and Students:
Para leer en Español, haga clic aqui.
I hope you all have had a safe and enjoyable summer with family and friends. I also hope all of you are feeling the same enthusiasm that I am for the start of the 2021-2022 school year. We will begin the 2021-2022 school year with a renewed commitment to who we are and what we believe from work that our school community began back in the fall of 2019. This culmination of ideas from our students, parents, staff, administration, and Board of Education about what we want for our students, staff and school community is being introduced as “The Warren Way.”
“The Warren Way” is a belief that we can make a difference in our lives, in our community, and in the world by being Respectful, Resilient, and Engaged. We Are Respectful, Resilient, Engaged - Now and always. Therefore, we will work hard throughout the school year to help our students and school community understand the importance of this and how we can build positive habits and character traits using these concepts. It is also easy to remember using the acronym for WARREN and easily provides a framework of what we want for our students beyond high school.
This will be my 28th year at Warren, and it is important to me that we establish some “normalcy” to the school year as well as provide a safe and supporting environment for all of our students. We have an outstanding staff, and I look forward to transitioning our students back to in-person learning to achieve great things during their high school career and beyond.
Below is some information to help us start our year off in a positive way:
- District Website: Our website contains many resources for you to access needed information.
- District Calendars: Our website contains helpful calendars for school dates, events, and athletics/activities.
- Warren Connection Newsletter: The Warren Connection newsletter is designed to share some of the highlights of achievements and activities our students, parents, staff and community members have been involved in during the school year.
- PowerSchool: Please make sure that your email addresses and phone numbers on file are updated. This will ensure that you receive all communication in a timely manner. PowerSchool can also be used to access student schedules, grades, attendance, and other useful student information.
- Social Media: Please follow us at #WeAreWarren.
Health and Safety Guidelines:
- Additional communication will be sent by the district in regards to any health and safety guidelines that will be in place for staff, students, and/or visitors that will be on campus.
- August 9 - Student Schedules/Bus Information/Locker Assignments: This information will be emailed and available in PowerSchool to students that have completed the online registration process.
- August 9 - Fall Sports Tryouts: Tryouts for the fall season will begin on August 9. Fall sports include boys and girls cross country, boys and girls golf, football, boys soccer, girls swimming and diving, girls tennis, girls volleyball, sideline cheer, and sideline dance. For details regarding tryouts, please visit the athletic department website.
- August 12 - Sneak Peek: Students can walk the Almond Campus from 6:00 - 7:30 p.m. This night will be for students to find classroom locations and acclimate themselves to the building. Parents/guardians are also welcome to attend. Administrators will be available for any questions or concerns that you may have. PE uniforms can be purchased during this time and pre-orders made on-line can be picked up as well.
- August 16 - Junior and Senior Orientation: We want to offer an opportunity for both our juniors and seniors to come to the campus for a short presentation and then a chance to follow their daily schedule and meet their teachers. Students may also drive to school as parking permits will NOT be enforced on this day. We will have the juniors come in the morning and seniors come in the afternoon. Here is the schedule for the day.
- Juniors: Morning buses will pick up juniors at their normal morning bus route time (time and stop location can be found on their schedule).
- Seniors: Afternoon buses will pick up seniors five hours after their normal morning bus route time. Example: Normal morning pick-up time is 6:45 a.m. means your pick-up time will be 11:45 a.m. on August 16 (time and stop location can be found on their schedule).
- August 17 - Online Registration and Fee Payment: Our registration process is all on-line and should be completed in PowerSchool as soon as possible if it has not been done already. Registration fees should be paid, or a payment plan approved, by August 17, 2021. Our website has helpful information if you still need to complete the 2021-2022 registration process.
- August 17 - Meningococcal Vaccine: All seniors must have a meningococcal vaccine prior to the first day of school. This is a required vaccination from the State of Illinois. Please comply so that your student, seniors only, will be able to attend the first day of school. We have sent emails throughout the summer to those that are still in need of the vaccination. Please email email@example.com with any questions.
- August 17 - First Day of School: We will start the school year with a full day of classes, but will be on our assembly schedule the first day and also on August 19 and August 20 to allow for time to focus on The Warren Way with our students.
- August 18 - First Late Start Day: Every Wednesday this school year we will be on a late start bell schedule.
- August 26 - Almond Campus Open House: We will host our fall open house for parents to meet their student’s teachers and experience a condensed school day. Parents will follow their student’s bell schedule starting at 6:30 p.m. with 10-minute classes and five-minute passing periods. Teachers will be present to introduce themselves and give a brief overview of their classes and expectations.
- September 6 - No School: School is closed in observance of Labor Day.
We are excited to get the school year started. We know there will be some nuances that we will all work through as we have not been in the buildings full time since March of 2019, but we are ready to welcome our students back, and we look forward to partnering with you this school year! Please feel free to contact me or any other staff member with questions or concerns during the year.
Thank you, enjoy the remainder of the summer, and remember We Are Respectful, Resilient, Engaged - Now and Always. Go Blue Devils!
To view this in other languages please utilize the "Translate" button at the top of the website.