One of the strongest assets of Warren Township High School District 121 is our diverse student body and school community. Many of the goals which drive our District’s current strategic plan are focused on diversity and inclusion priorities. One of our current belief statements is that “We believe that student growth and achievement are maximized when we unleash the power of our inclusive and diverse culture.”
Specifically, the following goals are identified in the 2018-19 Strategic Plan.
- Expand efforts to build a diverse community of respect in additional curricular areas outside of English and Social Studies.
- Initiate a diversity committee for staff members with an interest and expertise in diversity and inclusion outside of the formal professional development training to all staff and/or specific departments.
- Identify formal processes to support recruitment of a diverse pool of staff candidates. Increasing the diversity our staff will foster opportunities for all students to make connections with adult mentors.
- Continue to support inclusive student groups including, but not limited to, Unite 'N Inform, Avanza, Muslim Student Association and Black Student Union. Expand upon our current student diversity retreat.
- Dedicate a website page to highlight diversity and inclusion initiatives offered in our school community.
- Continue to build a diverse community of respect and acceptance through our Parent Diversity Committee.
The Board of Education continues to review and update our initiatives and make diversity and inclusion a top priority and listed below are opportunities for students, staff, parents and our community.
Partnering with B.R.I.D.G.E.S. Consulting, LLC
For the last few years, WTHS has partnered with Roger Moreano of B.R.I.D.G.E.S. Consulting, LLC, in many of our staff and student training opportunities.
For additional information about Celebrating Our Diversity, please contact Dr. John Ahlgrim at firstname.lastname@example.org or 847-548-7144.