SEAL OF BILITERACY
Warren Township High School is proud to offer the Illinois State Seal of Biliteracy to qualifying WTHS seniors who demonstrate a high level of proficiency in these languages: Arabic, Chinese (Mandarin), French, German, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Thai
What is the Illinois State Seal of Biliteracy? This seal certifies that you are biliterate in more than one language. You can:
- understand another language in addition to English.
Why should I do this? Benefits of this endorsement could include:
- college placements
- possible college credit
- scholarship opportunities
- enhances your resume
- career opportunities
- value to employers
Who qualifies for the seal? Seniors who meet the following criteria will receive the seal on their WTHS diploma:
- Earn a score of 540 EBRW on the SAT
- Earn an ACT composite score of 21 or an 18 in English portion
- Earn a 4.8 on the ACCESS test (English Language Learners only)
- AP Foreign Language test score of 4 or 5
- Rating of I-5 “Intermediate High” in all 4 skill areas on AAPPL test
How do I take the AAPPL test?
Warren will offer this computer exam on 1/25/2020 at the Almond campus at 8:00am. Interested students should:
- register by no later than 1/13/20 on the WTHS web store.
- pay the $25 test fee
- take the sample test- AAPPL website
- report to the assigned room by no later than 7:45am on the 1/25.