Social Workers' Office
School social workers provide counseling support and services to students who are struggling with emotional, behavioral, academic or social issues that may be interfering with their school work or impacting peer and family relationships. Social workers assist students, families, staff and the community with appropriate resources to provide services that will help a student succeed academically.
Social Work Support Services
- Provide support groups based on the needs of our student population
- Provide individual student counseling on a short term basis
- Provide educational opportunities around relevant mental health and social issues; such as, depression awareness, dealing with stress and anxiety, and seeking support in school
- Provide crisis intervention services
- Advocate for student needs by working with teachers and consulting with educational staff
- Participate in the identification and evaluation process for determining eligibility for special education services
- Network with outside agencies and resources to secure services for our families in need
- Collaborate with local hospital providers to assist with transition of students back into the school setting
- Contact and additional support for students who are homeless
The Warren Township Social Work team has created a Virtual Calming Room. Everyone feels stressed sometimes. This site lets you explore mindfulness, music, yoga, and so much more. You can look at art or go to the symphony. Maybe you just want to watch panda bears play. There is something for everyone here. Take a moment and check it out.