Health, Physical Development and Driver Education
The Physical Development curriculum consists of a sequence of courses progressing from the introductory to the intermediate and advanced levels. The curriculum is designed to:
- develop and improve the student’s fitness levels,
- introduce various physical activities,
- instruct the students on the rules, strategies, terminology and techniques of those activities, and
- offers direct opportunities to learn how to work cooperatively in a group setting, and encourages healthy habits and attitudes for a healthy lifestyle.
Students are required to take 8 semesters or 4 credits of Life Fitness.
- This must include 1 semester of Health and 7 semesters of Physical Development.
- All students will be tested for Physical Fitness each semester they are enrolled in a Physical Development class.
- Physical Development uniforms are required for participation and may be purchased at the bookstore.
- It is recommended that juniors and seniors do not repeat a course in consecutive semesters.