Winter Sports General Information & Requirements
See below for winter sport start dates and head coach contact information.
Specific information regarding tryouts can be found on the team sites located to the left in the 'Winter Sports' drop down menu.
To be eligible to try out for a sport, all student athletes must:
- Register for the sport online by going to the 'Registration and Payment' page
- Have a current physical form on file with the school nurse
- Be currently enrolled in 5 classes
- Have passed a minimum of 5 classes in the prior semester
- Be current with fees from previous athletic seasons
School Nurse Contact Information:
O'Plaine: Fax #: 847-599-4679, email@example.com
Almond: Fax #: 847-548-7171, firstname.lastname@example.org
- To participate in athletics, there is a $200 fee per sport. If your student athlete is a 3-sport athlete, the third sport fee will be waived. There is also a family max of $600.
- Participation fees are charged after students are added to a roster by a staff member.
- After the fee payment due date, students will not be eligible to compete until the fee is paid in full or the first payment has been made toward a payment plan. There are no waivers for sports fees.
- Payment plans consist of 2 payments of $100. To set up a payment plan, please contact the bookkeeper at either campus.
- Once tryouts are complete and the roster is set by the coach, you will receive email notification that you may log in to your family account and pay.
- Athletes with outstanding fees from a prior sport will not be cleared to try out for another sport or purchase Homecoming, Turnabout or Prom Dance tickets until all fees are paid in full.
Contact Information & Start Dates
IHSA Start Dates
Boys Basketball Zack Ryan Monday, November 6, 2023 Girls Basketball John Stanczykiewicz Monday, October 30, 2023 Boys Bowling Jim Voutiritsas Monday, October 23, 2023 Girls Bowling KC Lange Monday, November 13, 2023 Cheerleading Dana Lainio Monday, October 23, 2023 Devilettes (Dance) Brittni Tengler Monday, October 23, 2023 Girls Gymnastics Mary Kovac Monday, November 6, 2023 Boys Swimming & Diving Kim Lobitz Monday, November 20, 2023 Boys & Girls Wrestling Brad Janecek Monday, November 6, 2023
Last Modified on March 1, 2023